Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunroom Garden - Day 25

Back on the 9th of February, the kids and I planted cilantro, sugar snap peas and green beans in beautifully decorated pots just to see what would happen. The seed came from our garden last summer and I wanted to see if they would grow and we were all desperate for spring.

Well, now it is Day 25 and things are coming along nicely. They seem to like my south facing window in the sunroom. I have hung string from the top frame of the window for the peas to climb and the cilantro is now finally showing it's real leaves. Each day the little plants get loving kisses from my kids and are gently watered when needed. Freya has yet to find them which is good news.

This winter we have found ourselves using nature's refrigeration system a lot. First with ground venison and today with rice for chicken fried rice tonight for supper. Why use electricity when the outside cold will work. I should have taken a picture of our venison lined up on the rail of our deck covered in snow, but it got used up before I thought of it. Hopefully it won't be much longer until we won't be able to use this system. The sun is shining beautifully today, but alas it is snowing and in the 20's. Don't get me wrong, the 20's are much better than what we had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment