Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sugaring #5

Yesterday was a banner day for sap flowing, unbelievable.  We got 5 gallons.  It was fun to take my sister and nephew's out on the sugar runs.  Adin was the "teacher" and telling the boys all about it.  The boys were pretty  excited.  Today we got another 1 3/4 gallons so our total since Friday was 7, so I am boiling down another batch.  As of now I am down to a gallon left and I'm finishing it in the house.  Judging from what I got last time, I should get about a pint.  I have the BWB ready to go to can it when it is finished.  I sent some home with Greta and the boys.  We had it on french toast sticks this morning and everyone loved it.  I love making maple syrup.  I'm a dork, I know.
My boiling set up. 
It works great when I can crank up the flame. 
Doesn't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment