Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Roots - The Begining

In October my husband and I bought our first house and with that came more expenses and a surprise root cellar. Along with our 3 children we moved into this wonderful house on 20 ac and over the winter we began talking about finding ways to save money, live a more self-sufficient life and to strengthen our close knit family even more. We decided that we are going to plant a fabulous garden (veggies - this place already has great flower gardens, which will also be expanded.) We also have a small out building in our back yard which I want to turn into a chicken coop. At the rate our 3 kids eat eggs, this will be a fun and beneficial project.
My husband grew up hunting and fishing and to this day those activities are a big part of who he is and now who our family is. I grew up on a dairy farm, milking and fieldwork and on occasion had a garden, but I have been told by my mother that both my sister and I hated gardening. Now my sister has beautiful flower and vegetable gardens and I am very excited to join the vegetable garden world and have loved flower gardens for a long time now.

That is where this blog comes into play.... why not document the planning, the progress, the set-backs and everything in-between. So here is to the next 3 months of planning and prep and the future of our family experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to following you in your new adventures.

    http://www.bhgalonecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete