Sunday, September 23, 2012

Acorn Flour - Part 2

OK - Making acorn flour is not that easy!  Well, it isn't that hard either, just time consuming.  On Saturday, Adin and I sat for a couple of hours while watching a movie and cracked acorns.  I am no where near the end of my cracking shells.  Maybe I should hire the gray squirrel that is eating our back door to help crack the shells.  That would give him something else to do other than eat the door.  That door must be tasty - this squirrel isn't the only one who has nibbled on it in the past.  Check out this other goofy critter.

Anyways, I need to invest in a padded handled pliers or something.  I have blisters on my right hand.  During the 2 hours or so, I only found 3 worms (this is good) but a lot of black insides.  I still have an ice cream bucket and a gallon Ziploc bag to crack.  I will keep you all posted if this ever gets done.  It better be darn tasty flour for all of this work.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment