Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chickies Go to Preschool

It was an exciting day today in the coop as some special chicks got selected to go to school.  I wish I has pictures that I was able to share, but because of privacy for the children who go to my preschool (not the chickies) I am unable to post any.  So I'll just share some of the highlights.

* 6 chickes arrived and made their debut at 10:00 am

* They were immediately engulfed by little faces peeking into the crate.

* At times the noise from the kids was a bit more than the baby chicks were used to.

* Turns were taken at petting and holding chicks on their laps.

* One chick was taken into the baby room to show the younger kids.

* One chick had to potty so bad that a teacher got pooped on. (not this teacher) Sorry Cara!

* Many chicks were lulled to sleep in the soft hands and laps of the kids.

* Seeing it is color week, we talked about what color the chicks are and what color they will be when they grow up and some colors of other chicks/chickens also.

* 6 tired little chicks packed up to make the trek home about 10:50 am with lots of little children looking out the window and shouting their good-byes to the chickies.

Thanks to my wonderful Hubby, Elle and Lizzy for making a special trip down with the chickies. 

Now I just hope that these chickies don't make the others feel bad that they were not chosen to go to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment