Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crazy Critters

This last week has been interesting around here with critters. 

First we had a nice black bear clean up one of the hummingbird feeders.  Fortunately he/she didn't break it, just liked it clean.  Yum, bear slobber.  I haven't put out our regular feeder because of our lovely neighborhood bears.  Sorry no pics this year of the bear.

Next we had a rock dove (pigeon) that Lizzy thought was a chicken wandering around the driveway.  Normally this would be no big deal, but this was a banded bird and really not that afraid.  I got about 2 feet away from it and it just walked away and didn't fly.  Very weird.

Lastly we have a local porcupine who likes to dine on our back door in the evenings.  He is a cute little thing, but isn't very cute when he is chewing on our house.  The first night we saw him, I watched him waddle along my day lily bed on the south side of this deck, climb the steps and head directly to the door.  I took this picture from the sun room, that is why it is funny looking through the screen.  He sure didn't want to leave.  Scott went out there and had to chase him away.  He has been back for nibbles a few times since that first night we saw him.  Little pain in the butt, I hope he finds a new home soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've heard porcupines sometimes get interested in rubber brake lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I have seen them do that also. Fortunately it wasn't my car. :)

    ReplyDelete