Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Heart

Today has been a fabulous weather day.  I didn't have to go to work until 10 this morning, so I was able to get into the garden and get some stuff planted.  I also got to get back into the garden for a little while after work.  My garden is my relaxation, my oasis, my piece of mind.  It makes a bad day better and makes my heart smile.  I am in a good mood now.  Some days I would like to hide in my garden and let the world happen around me, oblivious to anything but what is growing.  How peaceful that would be..... Back to reality!!! 

My list of things that got planted today:
Green and Wax Beans
Ice Berg Lettuce
Cilantro
Spinach
Onion seeds (for green onions and for my sets for 2012)
Carrots (added to what I already planted)

I was getting a bit silly when planting my spinach and cilantro.  I decided to do a patch work planting.  We'll see how it looks.  I also discovered 3 very small leaf lettuce plants coming up where I had cilantro planted last year.  Some how they self seeded from the other side of the cilantro last year.  It was a pleasant surprise.  Maybe next week I'll be able to get some of the pumpkins et al. planted outside.  I am going to baby my peppers in the house for a good few weeks yet.  Now I am just waiting to see new baby green peaking up from the soil. 

Our humming bird friends came back today, so I dusted off my feeders and filled them up.  I have 2 feeders again this year just in case my 2 very territorial males are back.  Man did they fight last year.  For such tiny little birds, they can put up a rather large fuss and make a ton of noise.

We are due for some good storms tonight, so I am looking forward to hearing the thunder roll.  Here is to a nice night of rain to water all of my newly planted seeds.  Happy growing little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment