Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Chapter

In two weeks life will change and I'll be starting a new adventure. For the past 15 so years I have been working at a Bible Camp (10 of which have been full time). As of Aug 19th I will be done. This was my last full day of residential camp today (and a crazy day it was).

You may ask, after 15+ years of Youth Ministry (1.5 yrs in there as a youth director also) what I might be doing..... well, I want to spend more time with my 3 kids. I have missed so much of them being little already in the last 4 years and I don't want to miss any more. I also miss my hubby. We both work tons and it is usually opposite each other so we see each other coming and going. NOT fun. My new job will be as a Day Care Teacher (I still get to work with kids), and not just any day care, but the day care that my kids go to. I am so excited. This is the absolutely coolest place ever! The staff are wonderful and my kids love it. I get the best of both worlds - I still get to work full time, but I also get to be with my kids.

2 comments:

  1. I worked daycare so I could be with my kids also. The twins are now 25 yrs old and I never regretted getting less money so I could be with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, Thanks for your post. I am really excited for this change. My 2 year old twins are excited as well as their 4 year old brother. I know I won't regret it at all. I can't imagine ever regreting spending more time with my kids.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete