Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stumps Gone! Lilies Here We Come!

Today the guys with the stump grinder finally were able to come and get rid of all the stumps. It was a pretty cool contraption and Adin was in heaven. BIG MACHINES! The grinder was attached to the front end of a small dozer. Little boy's dream! Adin kept saying that "This is the best day ever!" After they were done grinding, our yard looked like we had a major gopher problem.


Now on to my Lilies! As soon as I got home from work, I started in on amending the soil in the lily bed and then started transplanting. All 3 kids were pretty excited to help also and were so cute at how they handled the bulbs, especially the "baby" ones. Lizzy is now my expert lily girl. I worked as long as I could and got 80% of them moved (not counting the ones at the old house) and I had to give it up and come in. I'm glad that I have tomorrow off and can finish this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment