Sunday, April 11, 2010

Burning Hotdogs and Marshmallows

To night we had our first campfire here at the new house. I had originally thought that I would put the fir pit on the edge of the yard and do some fun landscaping around it, but I finally decided that having it closer to the house (about 30 feet away or so) would be more practical for campfire meals. So I put it in the same spot the previous owner had it.

I asked Adin what he wanted for supper and he said that we should burn hot dogs and marshmallows, so that is what we had, minus the burning part. That is just what he calls roasting. We have a small over the fire hand grill, so we used that for the hot dogs, which is much quicker than making the hot dogs on sticks.

I was impressed with Maya. I thought that she would be trying to eat off of every one's plates seeing as how we were sitting on stumps or the ground, but she just sat there waiting like such a good girl. All in all it was a fun and sticky night with the 5 of us and I hope that we will have many more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment