Monday, November 15, 2010

Winter Is Here!

This has been a very busy & exciting weekend for me. I spent the weekend (Thursday-Sunday) at the camp I used to work at running a Scrapbooking retreat. This was my 3rd official retreat like this that I have run and it was for the most part a success. The only things that didn't work out like planned was 2 power outages due to the 8+ inches of snow that fell on Saturday and Sunday, taking down trees and power lines. It is a bit difficult to scrapbook in the dark. We did have a fun evening anyway sitting around the fireplaces at camp with candles and good friends both new and old. Our second adventure was a rescue trip to help Holly(an old friend and scrapbooker from the weekend) out with her flat tire on the way home. I'm glad that I had lots of practise this summer changing tires on our truck. It took us (4 ladies) under an hour from the time I got Holly's text, got Pricsilla's car cleared off of 8 inches of snow, grabbed a shovel and blankets, drove to find Holly, laugh at the cop who sat in his car until we were almost done, dug out the tire from the snow in the ditch, change the tire, take a bunch of pictures (we all are scrapbookers) and get back home. Crazy fun memories.

We also now have some venison! Yeah! Scott was successful this weekend. It wasn't the "Big" one he was after, but it is a fork with a good sized body. We now have meat and are having tender loins for supper tonight. I am excited. I am also hoping to add to that tonight as I am going back out to sit in my tree. No success last time, but maybe this time.

Everything around here is beautiful with all of this snow. The garden is definitely tucked in with a nice white blanket for the winter. The only thing I'll be digging as I go are my carrots and some may stay til spring. It won't hurt them any.

No comments:

Post a Comment