Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Splendor - By "Me" Lizzy

Mom let me blog again today about our exciting Halloween Weekend and preparations.

It all started with mom letting us carve our pumpkins that we grew in the garden this summer. They were so cool and so "big" (at least to us). This pumpkin was special because it was the first pumpkin to grow in our garden and it turned orange even before summer was over. We were worried that it wouldn't last until Halloween, but it did just fine. Guess you can tell how new we are at this gardening thing.
We all got to sit on the table to carve the pumpkin and we weren't real sure about "digging in" at first, but then it got kind of fun. Mom also said that she would roast some of the seeds and then we could eat them. Adin got to decide how mom carved the face. I think it turned out pretty well for a boy!
We roasted the seeds with garlic and salt. They turned out so yummy. I think that Adin, Elle and I ate almost all of them for a snack one day. Good thing that we have 2 more big pumpkins to harvest seeds from. Hope you like the pictures.

We also went along with the garden theme for our costumes this year. I was a broccoli, Elle was a carrot and Adin was a "mato" (Tomato in Adin speak). Because it is always so cold up here for Halloween, Mom made our costumes out of fleece so we were nice and warm. Mom says she even remembers having a blizzard one Halloween too. Can you imagine! Wow.
We joined up with our twin cousins who were each a half of watermelon, Grandma was a scarecrow and Buppa was the sun. Mom and Auntie Greta were the farmers and Uncle Nico was the "rain" and Daddy had to work, not fun.

We went to Greta and Nico's for their Halloween party, parade and trick or treating. We got lots of stuff. It was a great weekend. I love all of the candy we got, but I still think I like carrots fresh out of the garden better.

It was such a busy weekend, that it didn't take me long to fall asleep after it all. Silly mom for sneaking in and taking pictures. Well, it is lunch time and we are having fresh carrots that we just picked this morning from Adin's own garden, so I have to go. Maybe Mom will let me blog again soon and I hope that you all have fresh carrots you can have for lunch also. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment