Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No Venison Yet

OK, so hunting wasn't successful the other night in the fact that I did not come home with a deer, but I did enjoy my evening in the tree and did get an actual shot off at a nice buck, but was a bit high. I was surprised I even got my bow drawn. I have never done that in a tree before, much less with a nice buck in front of me. I didn't spook him, so the lives to let me get another poke at him next week maybe even Sunday night.

On Thursday I am leading a scrapbooking retreat at the camp I used to run. I am so excited for 4 days of scrapping. Maybe I'll get my book from my college trip to Europe re-done. Than I can move from 1998 to the present. It has been fun reliving the memories though.

You know... I used to like when the clocks got moved back in the fall, not so much now when I have 3 small kids who's bodies don't reset their clocks real easy. For the last 3 days my kids have been up before 5 am. Yikes. I'm praying that tomorrow I'll get to sleep past 5 bells.

On Sunday the kids and I baked a pumpkin! I had never done it and wanted to see how it would turn out. I picked one of our smaller ones, the kids cleaned it out and I put each half in a baking dish and in the oven on 400 degrees for and hour. When it was done I took them out, scraped out the "meat" and sent it through the blender. Some we ate for supper; Scott and I liked it, but the kids didn't and the rest I froze in 2 pint jars for later use in a pie, bars, muffins or whatever. My friend Rebekah and I are going to get together soon and experiment to see how it will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment