Monday, July 12, 2010

Tomato Tragedy


Last night we had a pretty severe wind/rain storm at our house. It didn't last long, but it did a number on our garden. the two biggest tomato plants that are living with my asparagus were completely blown over and partially up-rooted. One we were able to right and replant pretty easily, but the other was in tough shape. One of it's major "branches" was bent and cracked so we had to remove it and than a lot of staking and tying needed to be done. I have tomato cages around all of my 9 plants, but they have gotten really big and that wind was pretty nasty. I just hope that it will survive for it is loaded with small tomatoes and buds.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO sad - I'm sorry to hear about that. Heartbreaking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Daphne. Dispite the damage to the plant, it is doing really well. Many of the tomatoes on it are getting huge. Now I just have to wait until they are ripe. It is amazing how tough those plants can really be.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete