Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sweet Smell of Line Dried Clothes


Photo from maryjanefarms.org

The other day I was looking through Pinterest (yes - it is very addicting - but full of great ideas) and I found this picture of a homemade clothesline.   I have been wanting one for a long time.  We had one at the old house that was too big - metal - to move and I have missed not having one here at the blue house.  So I thought, this looks simple, I can do this.  I figured out what I needed for it and stopped after work the next day to pick everything up.  When I got home I showed DH what I was planning.

When I got home the next day after work, I was all set to start in on my clothesline, only to find out that DH had it all cut and put together already.  Wow!  All I had to do was decide where I wanted it, dig the holes and put the eye screws in for the line.  It was done and cemented in before dinner.  DH did mention that if it hadn't been such a hot day he wouldn't have gotten it done, as he would have been out cutting wood.  :)  He is so great!  The kids even pitched in and helped dad put it together.  They all like to "build."

Now that the cement has set and I have the line up, there hasn't been a day without laundry hanging.  I love it.  There is nothing better than that sweet smell of line dried clothes.  Glorious.  Now I feel just a bit more "homesteady" than before and I am saving $ on the electric.  Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment