Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Girls Day Out & Coop Updates

This weekend the girls (and a boy) enjoyed their first time exploring the yard. They are all growing so fast and changing everyday.  Their fluff feathers are disappearing and their big girl feathers are coming in beautifully.  We are going to have some pretty girls (and one boy).

L to R: Honey, Cricket and Lucy enjoying their first adventure outside.

Cricket and her favorite Adin.
 Cricket and Adin are buddies. She loves being held and is always looking for her Adin.  Most days when he is holding her, she snuggles up in his hands and falls asleep.

Coop update: We are hoping to finish them today.  Cross our fingers.
Adin and Daddy working on the nest boxes.
The Tractor:  we are going to finish putting the cedar siding on it. 
Roost poles and a poo shoot for easy cleaning
Flap lifts open to clean under the roosts
Adin helping me put down the flooring for more easy cleaning.  More recycling.
Nice new floor.
I am so looking forward to getting this done so we can get the kids outside and out of my sun room.  They need more space to play and be able to get in the grass without me sitting there with them.  They are still to small in my eyes to be running free without adult supervision.  Call me a protective mommy. 

Off to finish some baking then outside to work on coops and garden projects.  Enjoy your day, I hope it is as beautiful where ever you are as it is here.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful coop! Looks like you've been keeping busy.

    I have a chicken lover too. My 6 year old is just that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tam. Scott really did a wonderful job on them. We actually got the chicks in the coops today. Yeah! It is so fun to see thing through the eyes of our children. :)

    ReplyDelete