Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spring Fever!!!!!

This weekend was great (except for the lack of sleep - by my own doing this time)! I was able to finish redoing my scrapbook of Europe pictures from College and get my seeds picked out. My sister is going to be ordering them this week as we go together on our seeds. Looking through all those great seed catalogs really got my spring fever going.

Our entire house has spring fever. I think the actual house does too, as I sat last night and listened to it creek and grown with the cold outside. On Sunday afternoon while the girls and I were watching the Superbowl pre-game (Scott does not enjoy football so he and Adin were out cutting wood) Lizzy looked outside just as it started snowing and exclaimed "More snow! We have enough snow!" I think that she may have heard mom and dad say that a few times this winter. Last night Adin and I were talking just before dinner and he says he is ready to get his hands dirty in the garden, the garden misses him. Too cute & I agree whole hearted. Poor Elle is ready for the warm, she has been running around the house in shorts or rolling up her pants so they become shorts. I just may break out the shorts (for me, not the kids) this weekend, as on Sunday it is supposed to be almost 40 F. After this week, I didn't even want to look at the temp, we are in desperate need of warm. This morning before Adin got on the bus for his afternoon 4K, I dug out 3 pots, soil and seeds. The kids and I planted some Cilantro, Sugar snap peas and some Bush beans. Not sure if any of them will grow, as I harvested them from the garden this last summer, but we "Got our hands dirty!" Now they are happily sitting in the sun room nice and warm.

Well it is time to get the girls to bed for a nap. Ha ha, good luck to me. They do not like to nap. If the sun is shining where you are, enjoy it! It is shining here and I love it (inside the house today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment