Monday, February 21, 2011

February Blizzard - All Things Back to Normal

After our beautiful and very uncommon weather of last week, we are back to normal with our February blizzard, or so they predicted. Last night we did get 6-8 inches of new snow and it is still snowing, much to my dislike. At least the new snow covers the snirt and we didn't get as much as my parents did 2 hours south of us. ISH!



We also have a new family member, her name is Freya and she is a 9 month old beagle. Boy does she like the snow. This morning when I took her out, she looked like a snow plow in the snow. Way funny, I wish I would have had my camera at that point. I am thinking that she will run rabbits well, as she caught a trail just outside the door and wanted to follow it. Good thing she was on a lead. Miss Freya is definitely a sweetie. She loves to cuddle and sleeps with us, and she was not chewing on my shoe in the picture - it just happened to be there. :)



Before this last snow storm, the world around our place was looking like we were heading towards spring. The road in front of our house was free of snow and ice, our decks were clean and the driveway was glare ice. The seeds that the kids and I planted in desperation for spring are even growing. Yeah, growing things. It would be cool if we actually got some veggies from these. I will have to transplant them into bigger pots soon, but this was a great way to start them. They really like the sun room.

No comments:

Post a Comment