Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Strangest Thing!


This morning I discovered something that I have never seen before.  It truly was the strangest thing.  The kids and I decided that we were hungry for some fresh pumpkin muffins, so we chose our "bumpy" pumpkin (it is a Super Freak) that we got from my sister, seeing as all our pumpkins didn't do much this year.   I went to cut it open to bake it and.... saw the strangest thing. 


The silly thing started to germinate inside itself.  I have never seen or even heard of that happening.  As I cleaned it out the sprouts were amazingly long.


Being the "let's try an experiment" type of person, I selected 4 of the shortest sprouts.
 
Found a nice pot, and planted them.  I know it is a small pot, but all my big ones are currently put away in the barn for the winter.  If any of these silly things survive, I'll go dig up a bigger home for them.

 God's creation sure has a way of surprising us when we least expect it.  That is what I love so much about this time of year.  Seeing God in the smallest things, life in the strangest places and love everywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment