Thursday, December 30, 2010

December Rain

Usually in our neck of the woods December brings snow, not rain. Well we are in the middle of a good down-pour. Our snow is rapidly disappearing, which is good for the wildlife. I just don't want to know what the roads will be like come tomorrow morning when I am trying to get to work. The temp today has lingered around 34-37F but is predicted to dip to 27 tonight and rapidly decrease from there. Today, as I listen to the rain on the roof, I long for spring and digging in my garden, feeling warmth in the sun again. This too will happen in many months.

Today I helped Scott clean a bunch of the snow off of our roof before it got too water laden. He went on the roof (it is a little too hard for me to get up on the roof as I am still in my walking boot for my tendinitis for one more week) and I was snow blowing the snow that he shoveled down to the decks. It was hard work on our little snow blower as the very heavy snow would pack pretty well as it hit the deck, but I got a lot of it off until I got dowsed with a shovel full of snow from above. :) In all fairness Scott was not aiming.

We were hoping to get some more wood cut also, but Scott didn't get much cut before the rain came down hard and it got to dangerous to cut wood.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you have a great New Year! Sorry about your 'snow shower.' :)

    ReplyDelete