Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Paper Bag Tomatoes

Now that things are starting to get cool around here and we haven't seen much of the sun in the last week, I have decided to help along some of my huge tomatoes from the asparagus bed that seem to take forever to ripen. Adin and I picked a bunch of them and put them in a paper bag and they are now sitting on our kitchen table with another paper bag filled with Roma tomatoes from a co-worker. Her husband has a nice garden and they had an over abundance so fortunately I was able to benefit from that. Those will make a nice addition to my tomatoes in my next batch of Spaghetti Sauce. I am very much looking forward to another go around, I had a ton of fun the first time.

Today my mom, the kids and I picked another gallon or so of green beans. I'm guessing that I'll probably get one more picking out of them. Those plants sure have been productive for me. I am very pleased.

Well, work will be approaching very early in the morning so bed is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment